Saturday, April 9, 2011
A Spark Ignited
Mitch and I recently joined a small group at our church. We have been going to this church on and off for some time now, you know, doing our "duty" to attend on Sunday. After actually reading more bible passages, and listening to messages, I learned that just the mere act of going to church wasn't enough. Since we moved here, we have struggled to find good friends (not friends who like to simply party all the time, or show up in your life on special occasions, or pretend to be your friend because you went to school together, etc etc), just good people that are a joy to be around, even if that means an afternoon of chatting on the back deck. I feel that sometimes people get so caught up in their own lives that they forget to reach out and have other relationships; relationships that are so important to have, especially in times of need. Many months ago I prayed that God would point us down the right path and meet others in the area to connect with. Since joining this small group, so many prayers have been answered already. Bella has also met many new friends, mostly of which are around her age. This morning, our group went to a local college to talk to students and get their feedback on religion. We did survey's with willing participants, and handed out toiletry items, chips, and drinks to all. We were very welcomed by the community, and received many thanks for taking time out of our lives to give back. There were two conversations in particular that made every inch of me smile...they knew of God, but were eager to learn more. It was just such an amazing morning of conversations...and even tho I was very nervous, I put that aside and tried to spread my knowledge with others. I look forward to the next time we go out into the community! This morning also made me think of my daughter and the things I wish for her future. As parents, it is up to us to set a good example. Bella loves to talk about Jesus and her friends at church. I have to make sure, especially in today's world, that she will be strong in her faith and be ACTIVE in her church and community. I am thankful for the many blessings in my life thus far, but today sparked a new fire and a new blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment