Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend


Mitch, Bella, Fino and I traveled down to Augusta, GA for the weekend to see Aunt Misty! The trip there started off great...until Fino couldn't control his nerves (even after I gave him benedryl to help him sleep) When he gets like this, he has a hard time controlling his bowels (I'll leave it at that.) I am pretty sure that he needs medicine for traveling, which I will be getting on our next visit to the vet. Bella on the other hand did great! She played, ate, watched a movie and slept. She didn't complain once.

When we arrived Friday night we went straight to bed....we were all SO tired! On Saturday we hung out and watched movies, ate, swam, ate some more, swam some more, and just pretty much relaxed the whole day. It was SO nice. Bella of course clung to me the whole time, but I expected that. Misty also prepared the Sangria for us to enjoy on the 4th. I'll talk more about that later....

On Sunday, Misty made us "Freedom Toast" (French Toast), which was very yummy! We hung out inside playing and enjoying each others company for the first half of the day. I also learned how to play the archery game on the Wii (WOW, loved it!). Mitch got hooked on sword fighting...which made his arm sore, ha! After Bella's nap, some more company arrived and we all headed out to the pool (Bella's FAVORITE place!) Bella didn't care too much to float around in a raft, which I pretty much knew would happen. She was either on my hip or on the steps. She was quite happy tho...she loves the pool. We also began enjoying the AMAZING Sangria Misty made...I can't wait to try and make some of my own! For dinner, Nick (no, not my brother), made chicken and grilled vegis, and we also had black beans and fresh mixed fruit. After dinner, we got the fire pit ready and made s'mores. This was Bella's first time eating them....and she did NOT like the marshmallows! (check out her facial expression, ha!)
She did like the chocolate and crackers tho! We managed to see a few fireworks from the backyard. Bella enjoyed them for about a minute and was ready to move on to something else. By this time it was getting late so I went in to give Bella a bath and get her ready for bed. When I was changing her diaper, I noticed that she had developed a rash...which was from the juice boxes (I usually have to water down her juice, or this happens.) While I was changing her, the door bell rang. I wasn't going to answer it with a half-naked baby so I screamed out the back door to everyone else. When they answered the door, they were told that their mailbox was on fire (no, I'm NOT making this up!). Apparently a small fire started from a firecracker. They put it out, and all was well. Bella fell asleep fast, which I expected considering how busy her day was. The next part of the night was all about MOMMY TIME! We played a dance game on the Wii (I quickly learned how out of shape I am...yikes!), Taboo (which is hard if you have been drinking Sangria), Band Hero (I rocked the guitar), and LOTS of laughs....it was nice to relax and kick-back for once. I stayed up until 12:30....which is crazy for me. I knew in the back of my mind what time Bella would wake up...which prompted me to get some rest.

7:30 Monday morning, "Mommy, good morning!" REALLY?! 7:30?! We were the only ones up for awhile. We ate breakfast and watched Sesame Street together. She also wanted to go swimming at this time but I quickly shot that idea down. I didn't think that was too safe considering I could barely keep my eyes open. You know it's a rough morning when you crack a mountain dew at 8:00. After everyone was awake (kind of...) Bella, Misty and I went for another dip in the pool. Soon after that, Bella ate her lunch. Normally I put her down for a nap after lunch, but I wanted her to sleep some on the ride home. We packed up everything and said our farewells. We made it half way down the street and Bella was sound asleep. So cute. It was a GREAT weekend. We did miss Uncle Nick tho....next time, next time.

Here are a few of my favorite pics from the weekend! Enjoy! :)











2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great fourth! How long of a trip is it to Nick and Misty's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little over 4 hours...not too bad for a long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete