Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Road Trip

Hands down, Fall is my favorite season. Why? THE GORGEOUS COLORS of course! Before this year I had never been to the mountains to see the Fall foliage. This year, I was determined to take Bella there to see it for the first time. This was also her very first time seeing any type of mountain (she was SOOOOOOO excited when we got there). Honey, Bella and I headed over to Blowing Rock/Boone area on October 20th. We visited several state parks, all which had no admission and/or parking fees. Bella loved throwing the leaves, running along the trails, skipping stones, feeding the geese, visiting Bass Lake and Cone Manor. We also ventured into several shops, and Honey bought fresh apple cider and apple butter from a local roadside stand. Seeing the mountains really does take my breath away, every time. It also makes me feel closer to my grandparents, whom I still miss like crazy. Other than food and gas, this was a pretty cheap trip. Honey bought dinner for Bella and I at a BBQ place in Wilkesboro. It was very tasty! I love making these kinds of memories with my family.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Looks like a fun fall trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love for us to get together one day in the mountains during Fall :)

      Delete