Every time there is a new season change, Bella seems to get some sort of cold. This past one, I believe, started with her allergies that she inherited from me (sorry love). A seemingly innocent cough turned into full-blown upper respiratory GROSS-ness. For days, I was waking up AT LEAST 5 times a night making sure she was ok, holding her, etc etc (you know, the mommy thing). We were both so sleep deprived and cranky - I was willing to try just about anything to help my little girl feel better. Cough medicine is a JOKE, so I started asking around for other remedies. My friend, Shelly, told me that I should try putting Vicks on the bottom of her feet and then put socks on. I was like, "Yea right, that's ridiculous..." Again, I was at the desperate point so I got over the ridiculousness really quickly. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I gave it a try.
IT WORKED! IT WORKED!
Bella slept ALL night, not a single cough! She was like a new kid in the morning. And as for me, I felt like a new person as well! So for anyone reading this, the next time your kid has a nasty cough, try Vicks on the FEET! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment