Saturday, July 30, 2011
Week of Worship
This past week, I volunteered to help teach third graders at my church. It's called, Vacation Bible School, and our theme was BIG APPLE ADVENTURE (NY city). We got to play games (the best was launching water balloons, hands down), make crafts (bookmarks, filled shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child, picture frames, tie-dye shirts), learn to sing and dance (sign language dance moves) several songs, teach the students bible stories (I taught about the Samaritan woman, and a story in Acts that talked about the first Christians witnessing Jesus be brought up into heaven on a cloud), and of course eat some really cool (NY themed) snacks (pizza, little cakes made into taxi's etc). I was very nervous about teaching this week, being that I have never done something like this before. I'm learning to conquer my fears and just try new things, no matter what. Not only did I teach this week, I felt I was taught so many things too. My most favorite thing I learned was the ABC's of becoming a Christian (A-Admit, B-Believe, C-Confess). God has been opening so many doors in my life and has sent an abundance of blessings my way. I'm so thankful to have been a part of this. I am REALLY looking forward to having Bella be a part of it next year. I brought her on Friday night (family night) so that she could see what mommy was doing all week. She had a BLAST running around the church, eating dinner, and watching the kids perform on stage (she wanted to go on stage too...haha). If you've never been involved in something like this before, GET involved...SO. MUCH. FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment