Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Busy, Busy Bees

It has just been plain crazy around our house for some time now....whew. We had Bella's 2nd birthday party on the 8th here at home. We had quite a few people come out to celebrate which was so nice! Her party had a Minnie Mouse theme (the girl is addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). Nana bought her a Minnie Mouse dress to wear for her party, which was just ADORABLE! At her party we had pizza, snacks, salad bar and of course cake and cupcakes! All of the kids enjoyed playing with Bella's toys (it took her a little time to get use to sharing her toys...) The adults hung out and talked and we also played the kinect for a bit! Honey also received the surprise of a lifetime that weekend too - LIZ FLEW DOWN! So between trying to keep that a secret...picking her up at the airport (Mitch did that one), preparing for the party, entertaining at the party, etc etc...I was BEAT! It was all good fun tho. On Sunday we all headed out to the mall and did a little bit of shopping. That night I think I was in bed by 8! haha Craziness!

On Bella's actual birthday, we took her out to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse (which was SOOOO good!) Naturally, she loved the ice cream the most! :)

After her birthday weekend, we all had to head back to work. At the beginning of the week, many little children decided to share their lovely germs with me. By Thursday, I was pretty sick. I pushed thru the week as best I could. I finally went to the dr's on Saturday and they gave me flu medicine. I think I pretty much slept the WHOLE weekend. I still haven't fully recovered from that...making slow progress. I just can't wait to have my energy back; that's the hardest part for me. You HAVE to have energy in my line of work, and being a mom as well! So far (knock on wood) Bella hasn't gotten sick. I really hope it stays that way...this stuff is NO fun.

As for this weekend, Uncle Nick and Aunt Misty are going to come for a visit. They arrive some time on Friday. It's my birthday weekend so they offered to cook me dinner (LOVE IT!) I can't wait to see them!

Did I mention that I also worked two Saturdays this month because of snow days?!

Like I said, it has been CRAZY around here.

My next break is in February, hopefully I can relax some then....who knows!

I'll leave you with a few pics from Bella's birthday party, enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment