
It's so funny to listen to people without children sometimes. I can remember when I was one of those people....only 19 months ago. I thought I was so 'busy'...haha, ya right! I thought my life had purpose and meaning, well it did but something was surely missing. I often listen to women, typically older than me, talk about their weekends spent partying and drinking, etc etc....and how 'busy' they are, and poor too I might add. All I can do is smile for them because I know one day, they will find the meaning and purpose to their lives like I have. It's not something you can tell them because they just won't get it until they have a baby of their own. They will realize that all the beers, dancing and late nights just filled their void of something that was missing. Don't get me wrong, all women/moms need a break once in awhile to have fun, but every weekend?
Some of my best days are spent just watching Bella play. I can see her learn more and more new things by the minute. What a joy! Sometimes I get teary-eyed watching her and thinking, wow...19 months ago you weren't even here. What was I doing with all of that spare time?! Then there are days where if I hear, MOMMY, one more time I might stab myself in the hand with a fork...I'm sure if you are a mom and reading this, you know what I mean. Yes I get overwhelmed, yes I have fears about raising Bella, yes there are a million things to remember on a daily basis, yes it's hard to juggle working and being a mommy....but you know what, all that stuff doesn't matter. My life now has a purpose, it now has meaning. I would be lost without Bella, and I have a feeling that she would be just as lost without me. CHEERS to motherhood ladies!
Love this post Tiffany! I don't have children, but I can only imagine what they add to your life. :) I am so glad that you are so happy! :)
ReplyDelete