This is my last free weekend before going back to work. Words can't express how much I hate being away from Bella. Don't get me wrong, I do like my job (most of the time) however, I love being a mother more, much, much more. It's sad that I can't do that because of college loans; I still haven't made peace with that yet, and don't know that I ever will completely. I will make sure that I do what I can for Bella so that she is not in the same boat. I will be her voice and guidance so that she is not taken advantage of. I truly enjoy being home cleaning, playing with and teaching Bella, doing home projects, running errands..I honestly find great joy in the every day simple tasks that need to be done. It makes me happy when I have time to make a healthy meal for my family, and not feel stressed out all the time. I know there is a healthy balance, so people say, but I haven't found it yet. I will most likely cry on the way to work every day next week, if not longer. My short breaks need to slow down, WAY down! Some people I have talked to don't understand why I don't want to work. From my side of the fence, I don't understand why, for five short years before they start school, someone wouldn't want to stay home and raise their children. In my opinion, it's the most important job. Perhaps another path can be taken soon that would give me more options. I just haven't figured that out yet. Enough of my soap box.....
Last Few Days:
1. scraped popcorn off the ceiling in the guest bathroom (fun, ongoing project....)
2. Grocery shopping
3. Minnie Mouse lunch at home (Bella loved that!)
4. Went to Toys R Us to finally spend Bella's B-day gift card from Aunt Lisa....I know, I know, it took us awhile. When we were walking thru the store Bella started saying "vacuum, vacuum"...when I turned around there it was, a kid-sized red vacuum. She was SO excited, so we bought it! She played with it practically the rest of the day. So cute!
5. Laundry (ew)
6. Had a handyman come out for an estimate to repair some rotted wood....that will get completed on the 12th.
7. Looked at someone's used couch....smelled like cat and dog urine, GROSS!
8. finished Bella's first year scrapbook, YAY!
9. priced more items for our upcoming yard sale.
10. Priced some carpet, which we need BADLY!
11. Went for walks. Bella likes to look for birds...she also lets me know when we pass any cars and light posts :)
Overall, we had a GREAT week! This weekend we plan on doing more work on the house (inside and out). There's always work to be done around here!
Guest bathroom under construction
Bella's new favorite toy!
Lunch with Minnie Mouse
Loving on Minnie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment