Nana and Bella
May 20, 2010
My mom came up to visit us for a long weekend. She arrived on May 19th and stayed until the 24th. We tried to adultnap her but that didn't work :) The first two days we shopped nonstop...Bella got more stuff: Tea party set, princess table and chairs, play food, shopping cart, clothes, movie, sunglasses, fish plate (from the aquarium), fish purse, glow sticks for the beach....spoiled once again! I also took my mom to my favorite pizza place, Mellow Mushroom....so DELICIOUS! Bella took to my mom pretty quickly. She does much better with new people here at home where she is comfortable. She always had to keep momma in sight tho....my little leech! There is something so cool about seeing my mom hold my daughter; it's so sweet. I wish she would hurry up and move up here. I miss her even more now that I have a daughter.
Over the weekend, we all packed up and headed to the beach. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!

Atlantic Beach
Atlantic Beach was so quiet and nice. It's a great place to go if you have a family. Bella LOVED the beach...the sand, water, shells, she loved it all! She also had a great time watching all of the birds. I love the way she says the word bird too...she really hits the 'd' sound hard, so cute. Bella was not scared of anything...she was all over the beach! She called the waves, bubbles, which was pretty cute too. The water was a bit cool, but she didn't care one bit. Mitch decided to start digging a hole...which Bella liked very much. It was so much fun watching them play together (and giving mommy a much needed break!). Bella enjoyed going in and out of the whole and throwing sand. She also made a little friend at the beach and talked to other folks as well. Bella had so much fun on the beach, we didn't get to enjoy the pool area much. I took her in for about 5 minutes and then she wanted out. She kept saying, "beach, beach." I can't wait to go back...perhaps with some friends and/or family.
Buddies
Jump...WEEEE!!!
Queen of the castle!
Beach Baby
Digging with her shell
Bella and Mommy!

Nana and Bella

Digging to China

Us ;)
Before heading home, we decided to check out the NC Aquarium. Bella always enjoys the fish at Petsmart so I figured she would love to go to the aquarium, and boy was I right! She loved running around and looking at all of the fish. I think she would have jumped in if she was allowed. At the museum they have a living shipwreck scene and they do live dives at different times during the day. Mitch and I enjoyed watching them swim with the fish, Bella however, was not that interested...she was too busy exploring on her own! It was so awesome to watch her look around and explore; she was learning so much! She also enjoyed the gift shop, of course. I bought her a little shirt as a souvenir. The last thing we did was go on a nature walk. Nana, by the way, MADE us do it. I usually like nature walks but I was just completely drained. We took a few pictures and then left the aquarium. We drove home and all slept like babies that night. The next morning, I had to drop my mom off at the airport. I didn't enjoy that much, as a matter of fact, I cried all the way home from the airport. Bella also kept saying, Nana, which made it even harder. I look forward to the day when she is closer and we can have girl weekends all the time!



Lastly, here are a few pics from Bella's tea party (she's such a girlie-girl!)
She's such a blessing.











No comments:
Post a Comment