Home Sweet HomeIn the very wee hours of the morning on December 26th, snow began falling here at home. I grew up in Florida...so snow doesn't really happen there much. When it snows here, I get ridiculously excited, to the point that I can't sleep because all I want to do is watch the beautiful snowflakes fall. I know, I know...but I just can't help myself...I LOVE SNOW! When we all woke up in the morning, the snow had blanketed everything, IT. WAS. GORGEOUS!! The snow was also still falling, and it fell pretty much the whole day. About a week earlier, I had purchased a sled and snow boots for Bella and man, I was so glad I did that! I couldn't wait to take her out and play! Honey was also still visiting so she played with us too! Bella wasn't too sure of the snow at first...she has never seen that much before and didn't really know how to react. After a little bit she warmed up to the idea of walking in the snow, as long as Honey or myself made her a path. We got at least 10 inches, so that pretty much came up to her little knees making it challenging for her to walk. Also, she didn't care to ride the sled alone, she cried. Honey helped make a trail down the front hill to sled down. Bella LOVED going down that with someone, not alone. Next we moved on to making a snowman. Again, I am from Florida where not too many snowmen are created, unless by sand I suppose. Honey had to teach me how to begin a snowman...Bella and I were learning something new together, how awesome is that?! After about 10 minutes I quickly realized that making a snowman was no joke, it was really hard work! I had a whole new respect for Frosty, ha! Dad pitched in and helped build Frosty too! FINALLY, we had the three pieces we needed. A few years back, Honey bought us a snowman kit. It came in handy on this day and made quite a snowman! Bella REALLY enjoyed "helping" to make Frosty. Daddy was also making a bunch of snowballs, which Bella liked to throw at daddy. Of course, I thought it was hilarious! After spending a very long time outside, we all came in, dried off, and watched, Happy Feet (thanks Honey!). I can't wait for more snow to come so I can act like a kid again...what a blast!
Sledding with Honey






Looks like fun!!!
ReplyDelete